- Serves 4
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- 300g baby potatoes, cooked then halved
- 4 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped (plus a little extra for garnish)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 50g gherkins, sliced finely
Fine Bean & Fennel Salad
- 1 small bulb of fennel, sliced finely
- Half a cucumber, deseeded, sliced finely
- 150g fine beans, trimmed and steamed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Mushroom ‘Bacon’ Bits
- 5 portobello mushrooms, sliced finely
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/2 cup/125ml light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the coconut sugar, liquid smoke, soy sauce, smoked paprika and vegetable oil. Stir well, then add the mushroom slices, making sure they're coated well.
- Transfer the mushrooms to the lined baking tray, spread out evenly. Place the mushrooms into the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grab two mixing bowls; in one of them add the fennel, cucumber, fine beans, lemon, chilli, olive oil and salt then mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes while you prepare the potato salad.
- For the potato salad, in another bowl mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, dill, parsley, chives, capers and gherkins. Stir in the potatoes, making sure they’re well coated.
- The mushrooms are ready when they've caramelised and gone a little crispy.
- Serve the potato salad on a bed of the fine bean lemon salad and top with the mushroom ‘bacon’ bits.
- The salad will keep for 2-3 days stored in your Chilly’s food pot in the fridge.