• 50ml olive oil
• 2 large red onions, sliced
• 5 cloves garlic, finelly grated
• 1 large thumb of ginger, finely grated
• 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• Turmeric, 1 small fresh thumb or 1 heaped tsp of dried
• 1 fresh red chilli, chopped
• 1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk
• 1 ltr vegetable stock
• 300g kale stalks removed and shredded
• 2 limes, juice and zest
Fills 4 x 500ml
Chilly’s Food Pots
Add the oil to a medium saucepan along with the onion and fry over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often so it doesn’t catch. Then turn the heat up and add the garlic and ginger. Fry for a further 2 minutes and then add the chickpeas and fry for a further 3 minutes, continuously tossing.
Add the turmeric and chilli along with the coconut milk and 1 ltr of hot water or stock if you have it. Simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes or until the stew has thickened and become creamy. Add the kale and juice and zest of the limes and pop a lid on the pot for a further 5 minutes. Remove the lid and ladle into your Chilly’s Food Pots. Top with a little fresh chilli if you like it spicy.