- Serves 4
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: zero!
- 100g dry vermicelli noodles
Peanut miso dressing
- 2 tbsp plain peanut butter
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup / 60ml warm water, plus more if needed
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
Vegetables and toppings
- 1 small cucumber, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small carrot, peeled and sliced into thin strips or grated
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 100g smoked or baked tofu, sliced into thin strips
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Sesame seeds, for garnishing
- Place the noodles in a large heat-proof bowl. Pour over boiling water until noodles are completely submerged. Leave to re-hydrate for 8-10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Drain and rinse under running water. You can add ice cubes to quickly cool the noodles if necessary.
- Meanwhile, mix all the dressing ingredients together until smooth. Feel free to adjust the measurements to your taste. You can also add more water for a runnier consistency. Set aside.
- To assemble your salad, Mix everything together and add to your Chilly’s food pot.
Storage and make-ahead tips
You can assemble the salad ahead of time by placing the noodles, vegetables and toppings in an air-tight container or Chilly’s food pot, keeping the dressing separate until you’re ready to enjoy. Don’t forget to mix well!